St Petersburg/Tampa Bay Lupus Support Group
We are committed to living successfully with Lupus. Our support group focuses on support, encouragement and education in a positive and healing environment.
During our support groups, we also offer interactive and informational discussions covering key topics and tips for chronic illness management.
- First Wednesday of every month
- The meeting room in Panera Bread located at 1908 4th Street North, St Petersburg
- February 3, 2016: Flare Management. Lupus is an unpredictable disease that comes and goes. Flare Management helps to recognize the most common warning signs and triggers. It also teaches tips for prevention and what to expect in a flare, as well as coping tactics for those times when the disease is active.
- March 2, 2016: Symptom tracking & Building your medical team. Learn to become your own patient advocate by mastering the art of symptom tracking and working with your doctors to ensure the best quality of care.
- April 6, 2016: Coping with Multiple Autoimmune Conditions. Dealing with one chronic illness is hard enough. Often when we are diagnosed with Lupus, other conditions come along with it. Learn about the most common associated conditions and how to manage them successfully.
For questions or to set up a one-on-one meeting, please call Johanna at (727) 348-4075.
Past Meetings & Topics
- January 6, 2016: Lupus 101 & explaining Lupus to others (archived workshop coming soon!)
Can’t make it to our monthly meeting? Join our online Lupus Support Group!
Lupus Connection Online Support Group
Our own private Facebook group where members can interact to get to know each other. A wonderful safe space online where we can encourage and inspire each other and provide much needed love, understanding and support. If you would like to join please send us a message or add request on Facebook and we will be happy to add you to our growing community!